Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Close Up


Hello all my faithful followers

I hope you have all been watching Close Up because they have been following my story since the beginning & Ernie's too of course. Well I'm so happy to say that my journey has finally had the best ever ending & I now have the most amazing home in the world. I've been adopted & have a new mum & two other dogs to be my new family. I live with a cat called "Lion" & some goats & 2 of them are also called Ernie & Bert, how spooky is that?

I went to my new home on Saturday & settled in straight away, I live on a small farm so there's lots of room to run & play & we go for walks every morning & night. I have a very special bed & I'm so tired at night I sleep like a baby & have doggy dreams until the morning. Life is just the best & with my loss of weight I can run around just like a normal dog & no one makes fun of me like they used to.

The SPCA put me on Close Up last week to try & find me a home because I had been waiting a while & I was getting a bit worried about what would happen to me.

You guys out there are amazing because people rang up & sent in e-mails from all over NZ offering to adopt me. I couldn't believe that so many people could care so much & one of those people is my special new mum. I love my new home & my human & animal family & I can't believe how lucky I am. I keep shaking myself in case it's a dream but guess what? It isn't a dream, it's real & I have all you wonderful people & the SPCA to thank for it. I will never, never forget what you have all done for Ernie & I & I promise I will keep you posted on how things are going.


I called Ernie on the phone last night & said I was going to write to you & he said to let you all know that he will be in touch with you all soon but he has been back in hospital for his second op & is recovering at the SPCA. He said meanie Max won't let him use the computer yet but he's working on it & will give you an update as soon as he can.

I never used to believe in miracles but they are real & Ernie & I have been given a second chance & we have all of you to thank for it.

We love you & thank you.

Catch up soon !

Bert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know what happened to EArnie.
Cheers
anne

ColleenL said...

did Ernie find a new home?