Monday, January 26, 2009

Post op ...

Hi Everyone
I just wanted to let you know that I had my knee operation on Wednesday morning & so far it looks like a great success. I'm sorry I haven't let you know sooner but I was quite sleepy for a while & the nurses & staff were pampering me so much I didn't get a chance to get to a computer.

My operation took about 2 hours but I was sound asleep dreaming of big meaty bones, chew toys and other doggy dreams so time just flew. I would like to thank Ruth Youmans my very special surgeon from the Small Animal Surgeon practice plus Sara Mae & the other fantastic (& very pretty) nurses who looked after me & held my paw the whole way through.
I am staying at the vet clinic until Tuesday just to make sure everything is ok & I have a huge, very impressive bandage on my leg which Bert would be so jealous of because it makes me look special.
I hope to be back at the SPCA on Tuesday morning because I do miss all my friends there & of course I really miss Bert because he's my best mate. I hope he's not missing me too much but I guess if he misses me the stress might help him lose those last couple of kilo's & then he can get his Pet Slimmer certificate & hang it next to mine.
I just can't believe my good luck because all of you have supported Bert & I through our incredible weight loss journey & now the SPCA are having my legs fixed so I'll be more comfortable so life is looking pretty good from where I sit.
I asked the chicks here at the clinic to take some pics so you could see my big bandage. I'll be in touch when I get back to the SPCA, talk soon...
Love
Ernie

No comments: