Monday, February 2, 2009

Recuperation...

Hi Guys

I've been back at the SPCA since Tuesday & I have to stay in a cage most of the day which is a bit challenging because I'm feeling really good & just want to run around & play. Ruth, my extra special surgeon who I love to bits told the staff who look after me that I have to have cage rest for the next few weeks until she checks me over again. I can walk on a lead twice a day for ten minutes and my good mate Max who looks after me lets me have floor time while she cleans my cage & makes my meals. I did try making a quick get a way every time they opened my cage but they've figured that strategy out so that doesn't work any more. I'll have to think of something new but I am getting lots of toys and chew things so I can't really complain about the five star service.

Ruth & the nurses who did my surgery are amazed at how well I did & how quickly I started using my leg. I have to go on a special food called "Hills Joint diet" which is packed full of goodies like fish oil, Glucosamine & Chondroiten which is really good for post op orthopaedic surgery & arthritis. Hills Pet Nutrition are going to donate the food to help with my recovery, they have been so generous helping Bert & I out over the last six months by supplying all of our special diet food and now my Joint diet food, we couldn't have done it without them.

I will be going back to the "Small Animal Surgeon" to see Ruth next Wednesday to get my stitches out & have a quick recheck, then I go back 2 weeks later for a more detailed check. Ruth said if I get good strength in my leg she might be able to operate on my other leg a bit earlier that was originally planned. I haven't seen Bert for over a week but Max tells me he is having time out with Rebecca the foster lady so he is hanging out in her office during the day & really enjoying himself. You know it's funny because Bert & I have been together forever but even though we really love each other we actually don't miss each other as much as I expected we would. In fact sometimes it's better being on our own because we don't have to compete for food or attention. I guess it's a bit like being married, it's always nice to have time apart to make you appreciate what you have.

Anyway Max just came in & it's time for me to have my 10 minute morning walk so I'm off to sniff trees & check out the outside world. I'll keep you posted on what's happening, so keep checking out our blog.

Love you all

Talk Soon
Ernie

No comments: