Monday, February 2, 2009

Nearly there...

From Bert

Well I thought I had better write something for the blog because Ernie seems to be getting all the limelight & I don't want you to forget about me. My weight loss is going well & I'm a smidgeon away from getting my certificate from Hills Pet Nutrition. I can hardly wait & I'm hoping the staff will give me a big steak dinner to celebrate my success but I might be pushing my luck a bit!!

As you know from Ernie he has been away for a few days & I'm not allowed to visit in case he gets overexcited & damages his leg so I'm chilling with the girls in the office. There's people coming & going all day long so it's very sociable & I get to play with other dogs so I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere.

I'm really pleased the SPCA are having the surgery done on Ernie's knees because I've always been a bit worried about how he was going to cope when he got a bit older and now that he is so slim & active he will have a new lease on life. I do miss Ernie but I am enjoying being on my own & I don't think he's too bothered either as he's getting pampered & fussed over so everything's really cool.

I heard them talking the other day about getting me back out to a foster home until Ernie's legs are all sorted in case I start getting bored & misbehaving. It would be nice to get out to a proper home again at least for a while but Taryn who looks after me said I might have to get my teeth cleaned before I go anywhere & I don't know if I'm too keen on that idea but we'll wait & see.

Anyway more people just walked into the office & they are saying how amazing I look & how cute I am so I had better go & take full advantage of all this attention.

Talk soon, take care
Bert

No comments: